We have a new block explorer! What do they do exactly? As explained in this 99 bitcoins article,
A block explorer allows you to search and navigate through the block chain. Using a block explorer you can check the balance of different Bitcoin public addresses, track coin transfer histories watch how many confirmations a transaction has and get a wide variety of statistics about the network such as the current hash rate and more.
As the article notes, they will help you find
- a list of a chain’s recent blocks
- transactions in a given block
- links to the previous and next transaction involving each input and output
- a list of all transactions involving a given address
- current and historical address balances
- a way to search for blocks, transactions, and addresses
In July 2018, a new blockchain explorer was created. From the July Development Update: “After conducting a development analysis of the previous block explorer, we were able to determine how it should be modified for future use. This new block explorer will be more stable and beneficial to support applications.”
Would you like to know more?
We don’t just publish articles, XTRABYTES is a whole new blockchain platform that allows DApps to be programmed in any language, utilizing a new consensus algorithm called Proof of Signature. In doing so, XTRABYTES presents a next – generation blockchain solution capable of providing a diverse set of capabilities to the general public.