XTRABYTES March Development Update
March 21st, 2018
XTRABYTES would like to present its latest development update to our community. A lot of progress has once again been made on our XCITE client. This update will highlight its major changes. Additionally, an update regarding ISO documentation standards is given, as well as a hint of a little surprise for our anniversary.
XCITE 0.2.0 contains significant visual improvements, an interactive XBY price chart, a functional testnet debug console, basic localization, settings storage, and numerous bug fixes, as well as other improvements. We invite you to download the newest version of XCITE.
If you are having any technical issues, start by making sure our development team has not already reported the issue. We have a list of currently known issues.
However, if you do not see your issue on the list, please head to our help center and open a ticket by choosing the “XCITE Issue” category while filling in the appropriate information.
As a lot of our community is eager to see progress on the XCITE client, we have drafted a list of the major changes that have been made since last month. For a full overview you can read through our XCITE Github.
1) Added module-search functionality to search box
2) Added node registration views and demo data
3) Added X-CHANGE views and demo data
4) Added X-CHAT views and demo data
5) Added mobile splash and template example
6) Added localization support and a small Dutch example
7) Added XBY price chart populated with recent market data
8) Address book, locale, window size and location, some UI element visibility states, and other settings are now saved to disk and persist across sessions
9) Added debug console to the “robot” tab of the X-CHAT conversation window (Requires a connection to the XCITE testnet wallet)
10) Balance value is now calculated using data from CoinMarketCap
Wallet-related functions such as balance, send / receive coins, transaction history and the X-CHAT debug console require an active connection to the XCITE testnet wallet. Instructions for the testnet wallet connection can be found in the readme.
What has been improved?
1) Numerous UI-related fixes and improvements
2) Upgrade Qt to the latest release 5.10.1 and refactor controls to support it
3) Updated application icon
4) Refactor QR code generation to fix build issues
5) Increase font size of X-CHAT conversation window
6) Changed RPC used for sending coins to avoid insufficient fund errors
7) Significantly refactored layout to resize properly as the window size changes
XCITE has seen an incredible amount of progress since its first release in November. From the early builds laying the foundation of our platform, to the current fine-tuning taking place across our core modules, we have seen our developers work diligently to realize the XTRABYTES vision. We are certain that when Zoltchain is implemented into the platform, users will be amazed by the versatility and fluidity of our software solutions. In short, we are incredibly x-cited (pun intended) to witness the evolution of XCITE and the platform as a whole!
If you have been actively following XTRABYTES, you might have picked up hints of our website rebranding. We are actively working on a new design for our website, making it look clean, smooth and professional. However, we are saving additional information as a little birthday present for the 1-year anniversary of XTRABYTES.
Currently, we have no new information to share regarding our patent. Everything is still on schedule, so hold tight!
On a different note, XTRABYTES as a company is growing larger and more professional. This means we have to step up and show the world we mean business by living up to certain standards. Therefore, we are documenting the company’s organizational structures and products to conform to ISO standards (more specifically, ISO 9001 and 27001). By living up to these ISO standards, XTRABYTES aims to deliver the highest possible quality for our products, in writing, as well as security and functionality. This documentation has only recently started, and there is still quite a bit of work left on it.
Once these documents are completed, they will be sent for review and corrected until they live up to the certification standards. More info on this will follow soon.
As our 1-year anniversary draws closer we know that both the team and the community are excited for what is coming. With a roadmap update still to be released, a website rebrand coming and patent pending closing in on us, we indeed have a lot to look forward to!
And as always, a huge thank you for your ongoing support!
The XTRABYTES team